Are you tired of waiting what seems like forever for your nail polish to dry? You’re not alone. Waiting for your manicure to dry can be frustrating, especially when you’re in a rush. The good news is that there’s a solution – using hairspray to speed up the drying process. In this article, we will explain how to dry nail polish fast with hairspray.
How Hairspray Helps Dry Nail Polish Faster
Hairspray contains alcohol, which helps to evaporate the water in the nail polish. As the alcohol evaporates, it takes the water in the nail polish with it, causing the polish to dry faster. This is because the alcohol has a lower boiling point than water, which means it evaporates quickly.
The science behind this is simple. When nail polish is wet, it’s made up of solvents, resins, and plasticizers. The solvents are there to keep the polish liquid, while the resins and plasticizers give it its shine and flexibility. When the solvents evaporate, the polish hardens, and the resins and plasticizers bond together, creating a hard, durable finish. Hairspray helps to speed up this process by evaporating the solvents more quickly, allowing the polish to harden faster.
To try this method, you will need the following materials:
- Nail polish
- A well-ventilated area
Optional tools that may make the process easier include:
- A quick-dry topcoat
- A fan to blow air on your nails
Steps to Follow
- Apply your nail polish as usual, making sure to use thin coats.
- Allow the first coat to dry for a few minutes before applying the second coat.
- Hold the can of hairspray about 6 inches away from your nails and spray a light mist over them.
- Wait for about a minute for the hairspray to dry.
- Repeat step 3 and 4 for a second coat of hairspray.
- Wait a few more minutes for the nail polish to dry completely.
- Apply a quick-dry topcoat if desired.
- Sit back and enjoy your newly painted, dry nails!
Some tips and tricks to ensure the best results include:
- Make sure to apply thin coats of nail polish to avoid smudging or chipping.
- Use a clear base coat to help the nail polish adhere better.
- Hold the can of hairspray far enough away from your nails to avoid causing the polish to bubble or smudge.
- Use a fan to speed up the drying process even more.
- Avoid touching your nails until they are completely dry to prevent smudging.